Emergency Dentistry – White Plains, NY
Get Care the Same Day You Need It
When an emergency occurs, chances are you know what to do; call 911 or get to the emergency room. If a dental emergency happens, it’s understandable if you aren’t sure what to do next. For many, it’s to simply ignore the issue and hope it gets better on its own. Instead, we encourage you to call Westchester Dental Group for guidance and treatment. We offer same-day emergency appointments and will work quickly to get you seen by our dentists.
Why Choose Westchester Dental Group
for Emergency Dentistry?
- Same-Day Emergency Appointments Available
- Open Five Days a Week and Certain Saturdays
- Kind and Accommodating Dentists and Team
How We Treat Dental Emergencies
- Get a same-day emergency appointment: The moment you contact our office, you’ll be able to speak with a team member about your urgent dental symptoms, get first-aid advice over the phone, and have an appointment scheduled, ideally the same day.
- Performing an emergency exam: After you arrive, one of our dentists will bring you to an operatory so they can complete an emergency exam. This process may involve digital X-rays to confirm the source and extent of your dental emergency.
- Reviewing our findings in detail: We’ll discuss all of our findings with you, then recommend a treatment plan from there. This will include estimated costs and an expected timeline so you can make an informed decision before completing any step of treatment.
- Get you the dental care you need: Common services performed to treat dental emergencies include dental fillings, crowns, root canal therapy, and extractions. However, other options may be considered if deemed appropriate.
The Most Common Dental Emergencies
Some of the most typical dental emergencies stem from dental problems left unaddressed that turn into severe pain or infection, such as tooth decay and gum disease. The good news is our office is trained to treat many types of dental emergencies, including those listed below. Call us right away if you experience any of them!
Hot & Cold
Gums, Lips or
Jaw Pain or
Understanding the Cost of Treating Dental Emergencies
Before we can provide a specific cost for your dental emergency treatment, we must complete an exam to better evaluate your needs. Without this step, we can’t know for sure which treatment will address your emergency best. In all cases, however, waiting to handle a dental emergency only increases the risk that your care will cost more, so don’t hesitate to call. Our office will help you navigate your costs to the fullest extent and make sure any insurance benefits you have will be maximized.
Keys to Preventing Dental Emergencies
The best way to avoid dental emergencies is to stay proactive against them daily. Common tips include:
- Brushing twice a day with fluoridated toothpaste
- Flossing once a day
- Staying on top of routine dental checkups (ideally, you should visit once every six months)
- Never use your teeth as a tool to open things
- Wearing a mouthguard if you grind your teeth or play contact sports
- Avoiding very hard foods known for cracking teeth